Our 3 Nights and 4 Days Shimla-Kasauli package starts from Delhi, covering Kasauli, Solan, and Shimla with the trip ending at Delhi. Following is the itinerary for Delhi to Shimla tour package.
Day 1: Delhi to Kasauli
We prefer starting early in the morning as Kasauli is about 292 kilometers from Delhi and it takes about 6-7 hours of travel.
Upon reaching Kasauli, you can check in to your preferred hotel. Our cab will wait for you to freshen up and take meals.
Kasauli is a peaceful town amidst green hills and untouched natural beauty. It is a perfect destination to relax and rejuvenate in the lap of nature.
Just as Shimla, Kasauli was also developed by Britishers. Located at a height of about 6500 feet, it is especially a delightful destination for summer holidays.
Sightseeing in Kasauli –
- Sanjeevani Hanuman Temple at Manki Point – You can enjoy the valley view and clouds from this location.
- Christ Church – It is a British era church with a clock tower.
- Sunset Point – A great location for a romantic evening.
You can also enjoy shopping at Mall road. Here you’ll find Tibetan stalls for woolen wears and local wooden souvenirs shops.
You can have a good night stay at Kasauli at your preferred hotel because the next day of your Delhi to Shimla tour package awaits you with surprises.
Day 2: Kasauli to Shimla
Be ready for a full day of excursion trip to Solang Valley. Solan is about 33 kilometers from Kasauli, but wait, this is just the start. The magnificent views and natural beauty will bring you a never-ending delight.
Named after the Hindu goddess Shoolini Devi, Solan is a lovely destination in the lap of nature. It is located about 1600 meters high, therefore we suggest light breakfast as most of the journey will include uphill and downhill travels.
Sightseeing in Solan
- Barog – From here you can have a panoramic view of Churdhar Peak (3647 m), which is also known as “the mountain of the silver bangle.”
- Shoolini Devi Temple – Of course, the Goddess after whom, Solan is named so.
- Bon Monastery – It is about 12 kilometers from Solan. Also, Bon monastery is the second oldest monastery in the world.
- Karol Tibba – At this place, Pandavas from Mahabharat lived during their “agyatvas” period, meaning an exile into an unknown location.
Apart from the locations mentioned above if you have time you can also visit Jatoli Shiv Temple, Parwanoo, Kiarighat, and Darlaghat.
Later in the evening, we’ll start for Shimla. The distance between Solan and Shimla is about 46 kilometers and you can rest at night in your preferred hotel.
Day 3: Shimla
The day 3 of your trip will include the ancient traditional temple tours in Shimla followed by a ride to Kufri and apple orchids.
Shimla was the summer capital of British India. It is the largest city of Himachal Pradesh with the largest natural ice skating rink in South Asia.
Sightseeing in Shimla
- The morning trail starts with visiting Kalbadevi Temple, Jakhoo Temple, Hanuman Temple, or Christ Church.
- But wait, the afternoon calls you for an excursion along the mesmerizing Kufri Ghati. The trip along the deep dense forest and the views of the snow covered peaks of Himalayas will awe you to the level next.
- From Kufri, we’ll take you to Fagu, Indira Gandhi Holiday Home to enjoy horse riding in the apple orchids.
- And the rest of the day is free for you to enjoy shopping at Mall Road and Shimla to your exploration.
You can take your dinner and a good night rest to explore more of Shimla the next day.
Day 4: Shimla and Return
This day, we’ll be covering the main attractions of Shimla, which includes-
- State Museum and Library – Open to tourists since 1974, The museum showcases ancient sculptures, paintings, ethnic dresses, musical instruments, and ornaments of the Himachal tribes.
- Viceregal lodge or the Rashtrapati Niwas – It was formerly a summer home for the British Viceroys of India.
- The Ridge, Annandale, and Glenn – Here you can witness the ongoing cultural activities and street shopping over a large area surrounded by natural beauty.
- Summer Hill – Here you’ll find the iconic Kalka-Shimla railway line. It is a narrow gauge railway route from Kalka to Shimla. The route traverses through dramatic hill views and villages. It is also one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in India.
Early in the evening, we’ll start driving towards Delhi from Shimla. It is about 369 kilometers and takes a good 8 hours of travel. Upon arriving Delhi, the trip on your Delhi to Shimla tour package ends.
Planning a quick one-day Shimla trip? This link can help.
What’s included and what’s not in Gozo Cabs Delhi to Shimla tour package?
This package doesn’t include food and accommodation. The itinerary gives you an overview of the places to visit, however, the actual trip depends on the time spent at individual sites and travelers’ willingness to traverse through the places.
Also check out more tour packages in India.
For detailed itinerary and quotation, contact email@example.com / 9051877000.