Supporting our customers and the community in response to (COVID-19)
The outbreak of COVID-19 has given way to adverse consequences, ruining livelihoods, businesses, communities and customers around the globe. As a result, the government is pushed to make massive interventions in formulation of guidelines for a safe environment. We too, at Gozo, are rapidly adapting to cater to the needs of our customers as a response to COVID-19, steering through the operational and financial limitations involved.
We are eagerly putting our best efforts in providing our services and safety to the customers diligently. While at the same time, we are trying to incorporate the correct measures as issued by the Government, to prevent the spread of the pandemic in the community.
Preventive Measures taken by Gozo during COVID-19 to slow the spread of the virus
- No travel to or from the containment zones, as per Government guidelines
- Every time you make a booking, the system will automatically inform you of the restrictions that could apply for travel along your itinerary. This is our way of keeping you most informed
- Drivers are equipped with sanitizers, masks and disinfectants.
- All drivers wear masks throughout the trip
- Customers & drivers must both have the Aarogya setu app installed and in use to enable proper contact tracing
- Cars are cleaned and sanitized before and after each trip.
- For your satisfaction and peace of mind for a safe ride, the driver will also sanitize the vehicle in your presence at the time of pickup.
- You must wear a mask and equip yourself with a sanitizer to keep yourself and your driver safe.
- To make zero contact, always load all your luggage yourself. Keep safe distance from the driver while you are seated behind.
- Use hand sanitizer before, during and after the trip
- We have GONE CASHLESS to help you and the driver avoid unnecessary contact with each other. All Gozo bookings require payments to be made ONLINE only during this pandemic. No more cash transactions please.
- For customers who need to procure an e-Pass before travel, Gozo will provide the details required for you to get an e-Pass
- Please rate the ride on driver safety and cleanliness at the end of your trip. Good service providers get more business. Give feedback so the people who serve better, do better
For official government guidance concerning COVID-19, please visit https://www.mygov.in/covid-19
Gozo is also providing real-time travel advisories on its telegram channel. Anytime a city closes or puts or opens up restrictions on travel we let you know. Subscribe at t.me/GozoCabs
Booking and other service guidelines to make your travel simpler in the COVID-19 crisis:
- Before booking a trip, please check government guidelines to ensure that your vehicle can be routed from the source address to the destination address. Our teams will check for routing after receiving the booking from your end. In a few cases, we may require you to cancel your booking due to travel restrictions imposed by the Government.
- Once you have booked a cab, we will provide you with the cab and driver information as soon as possible. You may use this information to fetch an electronic travel pass issued from the authorities. In several parts of the country, it is essential that a customer has a travel pass before boarding for a trip.
Pricing and other measures
- It is necessary for the drivers as well as the passengers to have the Aarogya Setu app installed on their phones. A Gozo driver may refuse to provide service if the customer cannot show proof of having the same. Consequently, cost of cancellation for such instances shall be borne by the traveler.
- In view of the above additional precautionary and sanitization measures, Gozo’s fares may be slightly higher than other cab operators.
- Our customer service centers are available at your disposal. Hence, for quicker and timely service, we recommend you to communicate to us through chat or email during this time.
Assuring health and safety of all Gozens
Work from Home Policy for all
It goes without saying, the employees represent our image as a company. Ensuring the health and safety of all Gozens is our prime concern. An organisation-wide ‘Work from Home’ policy has been initiated from March 2020. This is to ensure that all our employees are safe during COVID-19 and thus to limit the spread of this pandemic in the community.
We have taken all necessary steps to adhere to the advisories from the Government to ensure your safety.
To ensure our driver’s safety, we would encourage you to follow the same before taking a trip with us.we